Christmas is my favourite time of year. All the baking, decorating and time spent with friends and family always puts me in a good mood.
If you’re feeling a little Grinchy this festive season why not check out some of my Christmas favourites below. They’re guaranteed* to make your heart grow three sizes!
- Despite whipping up several batches of my own traditional fruit mince pies I still needed to make this amazing couronne.
- You simply HAVE to cook up a batch of gingerbread people around Christmas time.
- Sweet things aside, why not add some interest to those brussel sprouts sitting on the corner of your table? (I’m adding chestnuts and cranberries to mine)
- Leftover turkey? YAY! Time to make a turkey salad to counteract your festive feasting.
- Sure, it may be hot here in Australia but you don’t need to shy away from hot chocolate! Especially when it’s spiked.
- And who can go past the classic dark and stormy?
- If you aren’t a fan of the traditional eggnog, try out this raw, vegan eggnog
- Everyone is fawning over the new mini nintendo. You’ll be lucky to nab one though!
- I’m a sucker for cookbooks year round. I suggest any of the Ottolenghi cookbooks.
- If you’re trying to avoid excessive spending when it comes to presents why not DIY?
- The Snowman!- Lovely to watch with the family.
- The Grinch (Jim Carrey version)- A classic.
- Home Alone 1 and 2- Slapstick fun.
- Elf- Will Ferrell is a bundle of joy.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation- Pretty silly but lots of fun.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas- Great for kids (and for adults to secretly enjoy)
Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and an extra happy new year!
*subject to individual circumstances