It’s certainly going to be an exciting couple of months for me! This week I arrived back home to graduate from university (hooray!!!) and will be heading off on holiday to Europe at the end of the month. It’s definitely going to feel weird not being a student anymore but I’m sure that I’ll be back studying more in the years to come.
As you can imagine it’s been a pretty hectic month trying to get things ready for my holiday so I’ve been relying on easy breakfasts. My go to, super simple, super yum breakfast is banana pancakes!
Now these aren’t your standard pancakes that are a weekend indulgence and significant time commitment. They’re a play on the basic ‘1 banana, 2 eggs’ recipe. I add a few special extras to add some flavour and interest to the simple recipe. The addition of both baking powder and baking soda makes the pancakes extra fluffy and cloud like in texture.
Time to up your breakfast game- no excuses.
Healthy Banana Pancakes Recipe (Gluten free & Dairy free)
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp maca or lucama powder (optional)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Maple syrup and berries for serving
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add enough coconut oil to coat the pan.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana in a bowl and add the eggs. Whisk to combine .
- Add in the remaining ingredients and give it a good whisk.
- Lower the heat to low-medium.
- Add 2 tbsp of the batter onto the pan to form each pancake and cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve with anything you desire but maple syrup and berries are my favourite toppings!