The classic rum ball – Honestly not something I ever thought I would be writing about.
Up until a month ago I had never even tasted one. Sure, I was aware of their existence but had dismissed it as something my grandparents would eat. The rum ball was not for me!
However, recently my co-worker brought a batch in for our celebratory ‘Friday bake day’ and oh my gosh they were wonderful! No longer will I scoff at the underrated rum ball.
So….are you ready to rum ball?
Rum ball Recipe
Makes 20 balls
- 1 can of sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 125 grams of vegan arrowroot biscuits
- 125 grams of oats
- 1-2 tbsp rum
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Blend biscuits into a flour consistency and pour into a large bowl
- Blend oats slightly and add to the bowl
- Add in the condensed coconut milk, cocoa powder, rum and desiccated coconut
- Mix everything together and chill if you have time!
- Form into about 20 balls
- Roll rum balls in desiccated coconut