I’ve been missing sunny Australia lately. It’s probably because spring still hasn’t arrived in the UK and I’m getting a bit sick of the rain.
Mum saved the day with an Aussie care package stuffed full of Vegemite and Tim Tams.
Don’t know what Tim Tams are? They are magical, chocolately, biscuity bars of goodness. Please hunt them down asap and enjoy.
Now for the recipe – I had a few Tim Tams left over and couldn’t resist attempting to transform them into brownies. Much to my surprise, they actually turned out super well! Give the recipe a go and let me know what you think.
- 250g butter
- 400g coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp cocoa powder
- 120g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g chopped white chocolate
- 4 Tim Tams chopped
For the icing
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the cocoa, flour, 2 Tim Tams, white chocolate, salt and baking powder. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- To make icing: Combine butter, cocoa, vanilla and icing sugar. Sprinkle over the remaining chopped Tim Tams and leave to set.